Tuesday 23 January 2024

Nine Haiku Poems by Jennifer Gurney

 



Haiku


in the silence

your laughter echoes on--

love's echolocation

 

***

 

there are times

I wish life had

a mute button

 

***

 

silence comes--

a welcome friend

amidst life's tumult

 

***

 

silence falls

with the setting sun--

gentle snowflakes of calm

 

***

 

there aren't enough words

to convey my gratitude--

hence, my silence

 

***

 

gingerly

into the silence you step--

light as a whisper

 

***

 

if I still myself

I can hear you, still--

even in silence

 

***

 

I can hear

my heart beat loudly--

through the silence

 

***

 

the snow sings

a melody as it falls--

harmonic silence







Jennifer Gurney lives in Colorado where she teaches, paints, writes and hikes. Her poetry has appeared in a variety of journals, including Lothlorien, The Ravens Perch, HaikUniverse, Haiku Corner, Cold Moon Journal, Scarlet Dragonfly and The Haiku Foundation.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Five Poems by Karen A VandenBos

  Luminescence   I sit on shore on a windless night where the sea of glass comes alive, the luminescent green of ctenophores risin...