Tuesday 13 December 2022

Two Poems by Yuu Ikeda

 



Indelible Clouds

 

Deathly clouds

on the dusky sky.

They talk to me

whenever I try to feel alive.

 

Night is approaching…

The symbol of death

is looking down at me…

The requiem for me

is resounding…

 

Deathly clouds

on the stone-cold midnight.

 

There is no exit.

There is no way

to avert my eyes

from the indelible clouds.

 

 

Hazy Night

 

Gleaming haze

touches my eyelids calmly.

It reminds me of your first kiss to me.

In haze like a holy shroud,

the song that you loved

is floating silently.

I keep my eyes closed,

lest your silhouette vanishes.




Yuu Ikeda is a Japan based poet. She loves writing, reading novels, western art, and sugary coffee.

She writes poetry on her website https://poetryandcoffeedays.wordpress.com/

Her latest poetry collection “Seasons Echoing Around Me” was published from Free Lines Press.

Her Twitter and Instagram: @yuunnnn77

1 comment:

Nine Poems by Rustin Larson

  Chet Baker   Just as a junkie would fall from a second story hotel window   in Amsterdam, I once fell from a jungle gym and hi...